Breakfast: Sliced Strawberries & Banana with Shredded Coconut
I couldn’t face eggs this morning, so unfortunately my breakfast lacked any protein. My standard morning bullet proof coffee took care of the healthy fats. All I really felt like this morning was my favorite brand of spiced granola with Greek yogurt. The closest I could get to it without breaking all the rules was the shredded coconut I added to my sliced fruit.
Lunch: Bean Fries
I love making bean fries, actually I think its the eating of bean fries I like, even though I’m not sure I’m allowed them on the Whole30. I think I may have skimmed over a warning that nothing should resemble pancakes or fries. However I don’t remember an explicit prohibition.
Dinner: Mussaman Curry with Cauliflower Rice
I reheated some mussaman curry from last night and prepared some cauliflower rice using my fail safe method.
These are the perfect movie snack to replace potato chips, they don’t make a mess in the dark like kale chips, and they don’t annoy your neighbor like crunching on pork scratchings.
- 500 gms green beans
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt *
- 2 tsp sweet paprika*
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika*
- 1 tsp garlic granules*
- 1 tsp onion granules*
- Heat Oven to 190C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put all ingredients into a plastic bag. Shake vigorously until all the beans are coated.
- Divide beans in half and spread out in a single layer on the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes, check and turn the beans, cooking for another 5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- (Optional but recommended) Open the oven door for 10 seconds to let out most of the heat, meanwhile taking out the tray and giving the beans another turn. Then close the oven door leaving it a crack open. Let the beans cool and dry out further in the oven helping dehydrate them until they are very crispy. Check every 10 minutes to ensure you don’t overdo it.
* Replace spice mix with your favourite spices. In this instance I tried to replicate a BBQ flavour. Parmesan is also another great option.